We are looking for a Software Developer with experience in C++, Java, scripting languages, and database programming to work on several high-performance computing projects. Hanweck operates a large scale data environment with petabytes of market and analytic data, and generates real-time data in time-frames from milliseconds to minutes. This is an opportunity to work within a team of people with experience in financial markets, computer and data science, and with a keen interest in discovering new sources of information for financial markets.
We are headquartered in New York City, and have offices in Chicago, IL and Belfast, Northern Ireland.
Develop and implement new software applications to process and analyze financial market data
- Maintain and optimize existing software applications, and recommend improvements
- Write documentation, technical specifications, project plans and sales material for our data and applications; translate business requirements into functional specifications and project plans
- Regular communication with management and technical colleagues
Education: 3rd level degree (or equivalent qualification) in STEM subject
Minimum 3 years of experience developing application software
Must have strong knowledge of Java, C++, SQL, Linux, Shell Scripting
Hands-on experience working with project schedules, prioritizing tasks, and meeting deadlines in global team based projects
- Interest in financial markets, analytics and data a must
- Highly analytical, attention to detail, and quantitative mind, capable of translating analytical insights into actions
- Demonstrate ability to work as a self-starter requiring limited supervision
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively, in a deadline driven environment
- Flexibility to fit into a small organization, strong interpersonal and team skills are a must
At Hanweck there is tremendous potential to learn, grow and seek advancement, while also contributing to policies, decisions, and the direction of the company. We offer extremely competitive compensation and benefits, and provide a highly open, honest, and fun work environment.