Our New York office is looking for an experienced Dev Ops Team Lead who is looking for a new challenge in the financial technology services industry. Hanweck operates a large scale data environment with petabytes of market and analytic data, and generates real-time data in time-frames from milliseconds to minutes. This is an opportunity to work within a team of people with experience in financial markets, computer and data science, and with a keen interest in discovering new sources of information for financial markets.
The DevOps team is responsible for the real-time operations of Hanweck’s applications. DevOps works closely with Developers, Infrastructure, and Client Services to test, configure and deploy new application releases; help onboard new customers; monitor application health and performance; troubleshoot operational issues; document applications and APIs. DevOps maintains best-practices around change management, including automating as much of the DevOps workflow as possible.
Define and maintain the supporting standards, procedures and best practices required for the DevOps team, including change management
- Develop and Manage the ongoing process, standards and technology for supporting systems build, deployment, configuration and release management
- Recruitment, mentoring and training of staff
- Define QA Standards and Procedures
- Work closely with the wider teams including client services, infrastructure and development to ensure excellent delivery of services
Design, implement and maintain a comprehensive application release process
Manage and maintain the release of production changes
Setup and maintain the necessary infrastructure to facilitate testing and production deployments
Design and manage daily operational activities required to ensure production systems are fully operational. This includes: real-time application health checks; application performance monitoring; 1st and 2nd level troubleshooting for application-related issues; assist Infrastructure team on 2nd level troubleshooting for FTP services, databases, network, hardware etc.
- Provide 1st and 2nd level Technical Application and Data Analysis Support to customers
- Maintain deployment runbooks and troubleshooting guides
- Maintain application and API documentation
- Contribute to improvements to both internal and client facing collateral
- Design, implement and maintain best-of-breed in-house and/or 3rd-party tools to automate common DevOps functions and workflow
- Work closely with Development to define and maintain QA standards and procedures
- Ensure all releases have completed required pre- and post-release QA checks and testing
Education: Bachelors in STEM related field required
Minimum 7 years of experience in Dev Ops
Some working knowledge of market data feeds and general concepts is a must
Debugging-level knowledge of Java or C/C++ is a strong positive
Familiarity with SQL and RDBMSs, e.g., SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, DB2
Knowledge of basic network functionality, e.g.: protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP; MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers, and load balancing -- especially at the OS level.
Basic network troubleshooting at the OS level, e.g., ping, traceroute, dnslookup, telnet, mdump, ifconfig
Strong skills navigating in a Linux environment, including shell scripting
Strong debugging, troubleshooting and problem-solving instincts
Excellent communication skills are paramount
Familiar with software development and change management best practices
Familiar with information security best practices
Experience working in a diverse, team-focused environment
At Hanweck there is tremendous potential to learn, grow and seek advancement, while also contributing to policies, decisions, and the direction of the company. We offer extremely competitive compensation and benefits, and provide a highly open, honest, and fun work environment.
Our company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis ["protected class"] including, but not limited to: age, race, gender, pregnancy, religion or creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, genetic characteristics, military or veteran status, uniform service member status or any other protected class under federal, state or local law.