Our New York office is looking for an experienced Software Developer who is looking for a new challenge in the financial technology services industry. Hanweck operates a large scale data environment with petabytes of market and analytic data, and generates real-time data in time-frames from milliseconds to minutes. This is an opportunity to work within a team of people with experience in financial markets, computer and data science, and with a keen interest in discovering new sources of information for financial markets.
- Develop and implement quantitative software applications to process and analyze real-time financial market data in a high performance computing environment
- Maintain and optimize existing software applications, and recommend and implement improvements
- Write technical specifications, project plans, and technical documentation; translate business requirements into functional specifications and project plans
- Regular communication with senior management and technical colleagues
- Monitor and improve the quality of our analytical applications
- Work with product managers and business development team to write documentation, technical specifications, project plans and sales material for our data and applications
Education: BA/BS in STEM field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in financial markets required (market data, reference data, risk); internships count towards experience
Quantitative background with interest in financial markets, corporate actions and market data; Derivatives pricing, quantitative modeling, and risk analytics experience a plus
- Experience with corporate actions, securities reference data and derivatives reference data, including futures and options contracts a plus
- Must have experience using SQL Server/MySQL; strong programming skills (Java/C++)
- Working knowledge of R, Python/NumPy, MatLab, or similar language for working with data and performing scientific computing a plus
- Working knowledge of fundamental statistical concepts including hypothesis testing, linear regression, principal components analysis (PCA) and time series modeling such as GARCH, a plus
- Hands-on experience working with project schedules, prioritizing tasks, and meeting deadlines in global team based projects
- Highly analytical, attention to detail, and quantitative mind, capable of translating analytical insights into actions
- Demonstrate ability to work as a self-starter requiring limited supervision; take ownership of projects from start to finish from requirements and specifications to QA testing, documentation and production release
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively, in a deadline driven environment
- Flexibility to fit into a small organization, strong interpersonal and team skills are a must
At Hanweck there is tremendous potential to learn, grow and seek advancement, while also contributing to policies, decisions, and the direction of the company. We offer extremely competitive compensation and benefits, and provide a highly open, honest, and fun work environment.
Our company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis ["protected class"] including, but not limited to: age, race, gender, pregnancy, religion or creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, genetic characteristics, military or veteran status, uniform service member status or any other protected class under federal, state or local law.